The Administration and Management Narrative provides an overview of key practices that contribute to the performance and productivity of your agency. This Narrative supports, but should not duplicate, evidence provided elsewhere in your self-study.
The Public Agency Administration and Management Narrative should concisely provide the Peer Review Team with a clear understanding of how your agency leadership (agency director, head or administrative team, Advisory Group, etc.) helps to shape, advance and sustain your agency’s mission and strategic goals.
Purpose Standard: Administration and Management (PA-AM)
The agency achieves its mission, vision and strategic goals to assure appropriate use of public resources for the public good through sound administration and effective management.
Provide responses to the following questions that address your agency’s achievement of the Administration and Management Purpose Standard. Highlight developments, obstacles and innovations in each of your responses.
1. Describe the activities of your agency leadership that contribute to effective administration and management. Include or discuss:
(e.g., Our county merged the division of MH with the division of Juvenile Justice two years ago; the Director of MH now oversees both areas, with the former Director of Juvenile Justice managing staff development and PQI for the combined departments…)
2. Cite 2-3 examples of activities or decisions that your agency leadership has undertaken which contributed to your agency’s growth and development.
(e.g., The agency leader and advisory board made a proposal to the OMB to reinstate funds for transportation vouchers for foster children who need handicapped accessible vans to attend therapy services…)
3. Identify a part of your strategic plan that has been:
(e.g., Due to recent funding cuts in Medicaid reimbursement rates at the Federal level in residential treatment services, we have been exploring new resources and diversification strategies in order to meet our strategic goal of expanding our services to one of the underserved populations in our community…)
4. Describe the data available to the agency leadership, and how it is used for setting strategic direction. Specify any significant political, regulatory, cultural or economic changes that have impacted the agency’s direction and/or ability to fulfill its mission.
(e.g., We provide the State legislative committee on children’s services with a quarterly report indicating the number of children and families receiving prevention services so the committee can better understand the impact of our differential CPS response process...)
5. Describe how the agency leadership and respective oversight entity (e.g., board of commissioners, government office) work together to strengthen your agency’s capacity to meet its mission.
(e.g., Our agency leadership meets with the governor’s office to strategize about increasing partnerships with other state offices such as MH, JJ, CW…)
6. Provide any additional information about your agency’s leadership that would increase the Peer Team’s understanding of how the agency’s administrative and management practice(s) increase its viability and sustainability.
Agencies being accredited for the first time: Please provide information for the last two years.
Agencies being reaccredited: Please provide information for the period since the last accreditation review.
Fundamental Practice Standards: