The agency screens
survivors promptly and responsively to identify needs efficiently and direct individuals to appropriate services.
Survivors are screened and informed about:
- how well their request matches the agency's services; and
- what services will be available and when.
NA Another provider is responsible for screening.
Prompt, responsive screening practices:
- ensure equitable treatment;
- give priority to individuals at greatest risk; and
- support timely initiation of services.
NA Another agency is responsible for screening.
Individuals who cannot be served, or cannot be served promptly, are referred or connected
to appropriate resources.
If the agency lacks sufficient resources to offer services, is filled to capacity, or a particular individual does not meet its eligibility criteria
, the individual requesting services should be helped to access another local provider.
NA The agency: (1) accepts all clients
, or (2) only receives clients by referral, and is required by contract
to accept all referrals